Here is a quick synopsis of the dos and don’ts of cover letters:
- Adopt a bespoke approach to each employer;
- Clearly state what you do and what your key experiences are (name, title, company);
- Quantify your achievements with actual numbers;
- Clearly state which role you are interested in and why;
- Clearly demonstrate results you have achieved;
- Clearly state which brands you delivered results for;
- End with a deposit; highlight how you want to help them achieve their goals.
- Forget to personalize the cover letter;
- Leave out for whom you work or have worked for, especially if it is a top brand;
- Make generic statements like “significant result” and
- “huge impact”;
- Forget to mention which job you want;
- Make spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.